Human Resources Business Partner
Syndeo Outsourcing is seeking an experienced and dynamic HR Business Partner for their growing HR Outsourcing company in Wichita, KS.
The HR Business Partner will be responsible for responsible for maintaining delivery of customized PEO and ASO HR client service solutions under limited supervision, with independent judgment and sound decision-making and ensuring appropriate resolution of client issues by partnering with internal departments, external resources and subject matter experts.
Key job responsibilities include:
- Provide full-service HR services to assigned clients; Consults with clients, provides guidance and facilitates liability management training and service focusing on liability management
- Serve as the client’s point of contact for HR related issues, concerns and strategies
- Acts as a liaison to resolve client issues related to benefits, payroll, and HR
- Manage HR-related client activities both on-site and off-site to ensure quality service delivery
- Identifies legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resource functions and ensures client’s policies and procedures are in compliance
- Answers basic and complex HR and benefit inquiries from clients and employees
- Develops a variety of customized HR forms and documents including handbooks, new hire paperwork, corrective action forms, job descriptions, etc.
- Manages and conducts new client onboarding processes, orientations and annual enrollment periods
- Handles client benefit meetings to include newly eligible employees and open enrollment
- Project manages complex issues, coordinating with other internal department
- Serves as an advisor to senior management and is viewed as a person to go to for accurate, impartial and objective HR advice
- Other duties as assigned
Candidates must possess the following competencies and traits:
- A passion for building culture
- A sense of humor
- The ability to adapt quickly to changes
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills with the ability collect and analyze large amounts of data and provide consultation to key players
- Integrity to do the right thing always with a strong moral compass and the ability to speak up on important matters, no matter how difficult
- Ability to make quick decisions and “think on your feet"
- Effective leadership skills and high emotional intelligence
- Great time and project management skills
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to tailor both written and verbal communication to the intended audience which could include – internal team members, client contacts, and employees at all levels
- Ability to hold yourself and others accountable for HR service delivery
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to develop and maintain key business relationships both internally and externally
The ideal candidate must also possess the following skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or related field required
- 3+ years of progressive HR experience in a business partner capacity preferred
- Experience as an HR Business Partner
- Experience working in a small company and knowing what it means to roll up your sleeves and make things happen yourself
- Experience working in a large company with an understanding of “the bigger picture" and the ability to deliver quantitative results
- In-depth knowledge of HR Generalist practices and a broad knowledge of business
- PHR/SPHR/GPHR or SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP preferred
- The ability to handle some local travel as well as travel to clients in markets outside of Wichita
- Knowledge in Federal and State employment law compliance
- Proficient in MS Office Programs
Our calling is to bring people, service and technology together to create efficiency that helps our partner businesses grow and thrive. We create an avenue for our clients and employees to give back to our community and families by being the best employer services organization in our space, standing for excellence in people and progress in all that we do, and expecting the same from our clients.
As the Heartland’s leading employer services company, we partner with local business owners to help them minimize risk, improve efficiency and maximize profitability allowing them the freedom to focus on growth and fulfilling their mission. Syndeo fulfills its mission by taking on all of the HR responsibilities for our clients’ workforce, including employee relations, benefits, risk management and payroll.
Syndeo is accredited through the Employer Services Assurance Corporation (ESAC) as a professional employer and through the IRS as a certified professional employer organization (CPEO) to ensure compliance with government regulations and key industry standards.
We believe doing the right thing comes at a great cost, and all organizations should always be guided by ethical principles that place the highest value on treating people with respect.
We believe there is no greater satisfaction in life than helping others. And we are privileged to be able to do that every day.